February 16, 2015
January 30, 2015
“Create Your Own Reality”
with Pearce Flannery
Abbey Hotel Roscommon
February 17th 2015 – 7pm till 9pm
This is a FREE event
Call 0906 626263 to reserve your place
This is a strategic planning and goal setting seminar with a difference. It is a high impact evening seminar, which will empower participants to set and achieve their goals, plan effectively and manage stress in their lives. You can benefit from a highly motivational, life-changing seminar that will energise participants to make those changes necessary to take realistic planned action and deliver extraordinary performance.
Benefits of the “Create Your Own Reality” programme
Develop the power to influence and inspire
- How to set and achieve your goals.
- Improve your creativity and produce better solutions.
- Achieve extraordinary performance
- Managing your stress and regenerating your entire system.
- To develop focus and take advantage of your opportunities.
- To use your right brain and become more creative in developing strategies and solutions.
- Live every day with an optimistic outlook and positive mental attitude.
This seminar is sponsored by the Roscommon Local Enterprise Office and is Free to all participants.
January 30, 2015
Local Enterprise Office Roscommon is offering the following Training Programmes to business owners/managers or their staff.
START YOUR OWN BUSINESS
The objective of this programme is to assist participants in assessing the viability of business ideas and in understanding the essential elements required to start up and run their own businesses. To include: Self Assessment; Preparing a Business Plan; Tax Registration; Introduction to Basic Bookkeeping; Records which must be maintained for tax purposes and preparation of books of account and VAT returns; Marketing; Legal Aspects of Business.
6, 3-hour training sessions.
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
This workshop is aimed at businesses keen to establish a Social Media profile and in using same to develop a competitive edge. Participants will gain the knowledge to plan a low cost approach to effective online marketing. By the end of the training participants will be able to select the most valuable Social Media tool for marketing their businesses.
5, 3-hour training sessions and a one-to-one training session.
The objective of this programme is to equip small business owners/staff with the knowledge and awareness that allows them to effectively develop an optimised online presence and review and evolve their existing web content (where there is an existing website). After completing this series of workshops, participants will be able to identify which elements of their website they are able to optimise themselves and where they may need to engage their web designer. They will have an understanding of the tools that are available to them to help them with this task and will have relevant accounts such as Google Webmaster Tools and Hub Spot basics setup for continued monitoring of their site’s performance.
4, 3-hour training sessions.
MARKETING, INCLUDING E-MAIL MARKETING
This training is designed to help small business owners/staff undertake increased, rejuvenated and focussed marketing activity. It aims to provide participants with a solid foundation in the Marketing Process and essential knowledge and techniques to develop an effective Marketing Plan for their business. Trainees will learn to more pro-actively market their products and services to their identified target markets, through low-cost and no-cost promotional activities.
5, 3-hour training sessions.
SAGE COMPUTERISED ACCOUNTS – IMPROVER/REFRESHER
The aim of this programme is to give users of Sage an advanced knowledge of operating Sage computerised accounting software.
4, 3.5-training sessions and one onsite training session per business.
Places on all training programmes are limited and are offered on a first come first served basis.
Bookings are made online, at: www.localenterprise.ie/roscommon.
If you require further information, please call Anne Browne at 090 66 26263.
January 28, 2015
November 11, 2014
The next meeting of the Roscommon Business Network will take place at the Abbey Hotel Roscommon on Tuesday November 18th at 7pm. Tea Coffee at 6.45pm.
Special Guest Speaker on the evening will be Mr Sean Mahon of Mahon Sweeney Solicitors.
Please feel free to bring a friend.
November 10, 2014
An excellent meeting was held last evening at the Abbey Hotel Roscommon. Some of the issues agreed at last nights meeting were:
1) Meetings to be held on First Tuesday evening of the month during 2015 from 7pm-8pm.
2) Meetings to be rotated between Roscommon, Boyle, Castlerea & Ballaghdereen.
3) Training needs analysis to be carried out to ascertain the precise training needs of all members.
4) Local Enterprise Office to make a presentation to all members at a network meeting to outline the services they have on offer.
5) Presentation in early 2015 from ‘Townsmart’ about marketing process and urban marketing specialists.
6) A range of expert speakers to be deployed to cover specialist topics starting with a legal expert for the next meeting.
7) This facebook page and the RBN website to be the primary channels of communication.
8) Next meeting to be held at Abbey Hotel on 18th November. Tea/Coffee at 6.45 for 7pm start.
June 10, 2014
20 Members attended the June Network Meeting.
5 Members formed an ICT Expert Panel and answered a range of questions including:
- image ready photographs and optimisation
- Facebook ads
- data backup – cloud and offline options
- virus protection and anti-virus options
- malware protection
Thanks again to all our panelists from around the county:
- Colm – CDC Voice & Data Solutions
- Ciaran – Trojan Complete IT Solutions
- Dave – Black Hole Studios
- Jamie – Opacity Web Design
- Michael – Mimarmedia
There will be no meeting in July.
The annual CruiseNet takes the place of the August Meeting. More details on this soon.
May 20, 2014
The June Network Meeting will take place on Thursday 5th at 7pm in The Abbey Hotel.
Topic - Your technology questions answered
A panel of local technology experts will be available to answer any questions you may have on
* Business ICT (Information/Communication Technology)
* Web Design
* Internet Marketing
* Social Media Marketing
* Email Marketing
* and more…..
This topic was very well attended and received last time so do not miss out.
May 7, 2014
12 Members attended the May Network Meeting.
Barbara Taylor from AIB Roscommon delivered an informative presentation about Business Banking and advice on loan applications. Barbara’s email is email@example.com.
April 14, 2014
The May Network Meeting will take place in Hannon’s Hotel, Roscommon on Thursday 1st at 6pm.
The topic for discussion is Business Banking where bank representatives will discuss their various financial products for business owners in addition to ways to reduce your banking fees.