November 11, 2014
The next meeting of the Roscommon Business Network will take place at the Abbey Hotel Roscommon on Tuesday November 18th at 7pm. Tea Coffee at 6.45pm.
Special Guest Speaker on the evening will be Mr Sean Mahon of Mahon Sweeney Solicitors.
Please feel free to bring a friend.
November 10, 2014
An excellent meeting was held last evening at the Abbey Hotel Roscommon. Some of the issues agreed at last nights meeting were:
1) Meetings to be held on First Tuesday evening of the month during 2015 from 7pm-8pm.
2) Meetings to be rotated between Roscommon, Boyle, Castlerea & Ballaghdereen.
3) Training needs analysis to be carried out to ascertain the precise training needs of all members.
4) Local Enterprise Office to make a presentation to all members at a network meeting to outline the services they have on offer.
5) Presentation in early 2015 from ‘Townsmart’ about marketing process and urban marketing specialists.
6) A range of expert speakers to be deployed to cover specialist topics starting with a legal expert for the next meeting.
7) This facebook page and the RBN website to be the primary channels of communication.
8) Next meeting to be held at Abbey Hotel on 18th November. Tea/Coffee at 6.45 for 7pm start.
June 10, 2014
20 Members attended the June Network Meeting.
5 Members formed an ICT Expert Panel and answered a range of questions including:
- image ready photographs and optimisation
- Facebook ads
- data backup – cloud and offline options
- virus protection and anti-virus options
- malware protection
Thanks again to all our panelists from around the county:
- Colm – CDC Voice & Data Solutions
- Ciaran – Trojan Complete IT Solutions
- Dave – Black Hole Studios
- Jamie – Opacity Web Design
- Michael – Mimarmedia
There will be no meeting in July.
The annual CruiseNet takes the place of the August Meeting. More details on this soon.
May 20, 2014
The June Network Meeting will take place on Thursday 5th at 7pm in The Abbey Hotel.
Topic - Your technology questions answered
A panel of local technology experts will be available to answer any questions you may have on
* Business ICT (Information/Communication Technology)
* Web Design
* Internet Marketing
* Social Media Marketing
* Email Marketing
* and more…..
This topic was very well attended and received last time so do not miss out.
May 7, 2014
12 Members attended the May Network Meeting.
Barbara Taylor from AIB Roscommon delivered an informative presentation about Business Banking and advice on loan applications. Barbara’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 14, 2014
The May Network Meeting will take place in Hannon’s Hotel, Roscommon on Thursday 1st at 6pm.
The topic for discussion is Business Banking where bank representatives will discuss their various financial products for business owners in addition to ways to reduce your banking fees.
March 20, 2014
Network Member Jasmin Payne from Castlemine Farm Shop will deliver this months Network Presentation.
Topic: Customer Service & Satisfaction.
Jasmin will discuss how their customer reward scheme improved their business.
The April Business Network Meeting will take place on Thursday 3rd at 7pm in Hannon’s Hotel, Athlone Road, Roscommon.
We regularly refer to the amount of experience and knowledge that is in the room at network meetings. One way we tap into this knowledge is by asking members to delivery a 20 minute presentation.
This will be the theme for the April Meeting. 2 Network Members will share improvements they have implemented in their business.
More information to follow shortly.
March 10, 2014
17 Members attended the March Meeting.
The theme for this meeting was Selling Online and SEPA.
Network Member Cahal Mahon from Accounting Matters delivered an informative presentation on SEPA and distributed printouts to members. Cahal also directed people to the Ready for SEPA website.
Johnny Beirne delivered a presentation on using PayPal and also discussed the payment gateway STRIPE.
February 21, 2014
The March Network Meeting will take place on Thursday 6th at 7pm in The Abbey Hotel.
2 Topics will be covered at this meeting:
1. How your business can increase sales and improve cash flow using an online payment system.
Both PayPal and Stripe will be explained and examples will include selling both products and services.
2. SEPA – Single Euro Payments Area
“The Single Euro Payments Area (or SEPA for short) is a European Union regulation that will simplify financial transactions and make doing business easier.
It will apply across 34 European countries, including Ireland, and will make it easier for you to transfer or receive funds.”
February 11, 2014
14 Members attended the February Network meeting and the feedback was very positive.
The theme for this meeting was brainstorming ideas.
2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3 set up and each group member had the opportunity to share a little about their business and any challenges they are facing. The other members of the group gave their feedback and suggestions, then the next member within the group shared.
Each member within the group were given an opportunity to share and get feedback.
The March Meeting will take place on Thursday 6th at 7pm. More details to be announced shortly.